The Association of Professional Sleep Consultants is one of the leading support networks for Sleep Consultants worldwide. Headed up by a team of experienced industry professionals, the rewards, incentives, and opportunities for our members are endless.
Albeit extremely rewarding, we know first hand how the role of a sleep consultant can be challenging. At the APSC our mission is to build a growing global community of professional sleep consultants; and to provide our valued members with ongoing access to a wealth of resources, knowledge, and education. In this profession, most of us work in solitude. The APSC community comes together as each other?s colleagues, confidants, and first point of call for any questions, difficulties, and/or mentoring needs. This equips members with the ongoing skills and support to run a successful sleep consulting business.
We are committed to upholding the highest level of quality, service, and support. As such, we are passionate about delivering a Continuing Education program (offered at discounted rate to members), along with regular blog posts, newsletters, monthly international member meetings, and quarterly regional meetings which enable consultants to keep up to date with the relevant developments (products, insights, innovations and current affairs) within this fast-growing industry.
Are you a member? If not, below are the top 8 reasons why you should be:
- APSC members receive professional discounts and discounts on APSC Continuing Education: Classes are currently being added regularly by the very best in the business to provide you with cutting edge industry insights and information.
- Access and use of our internationally recognized APSC logo: We are an organisation internationally recognized as a leading standard in the industry. By aligning yourself with the APSC brand, you receive credibility and recognition for being professional sleep consultant. We have a high set of standards and code of ethics to ensure that everyone in our association is demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Links on the APSC?s website to your business?s website: This provides valuable exposure for new business opportunities, and the ability for consultants to connect and support one another on a local (and global) level.
- A wealth of resources within our global network of Professional Sleep Consultants: To help build each member?s individual business, as well as to strengthen our knowledge and expertise in our respective fields.
- Industry updates and news: To keep you up to date with the relevant industry trends, news, and insights to keep you evolving on professional level.
- Access to our private groups, educational forums, and newsletters: For continuous mentoring, support, questions, and networking opportunities.
- Access to our monthly meetings at no additional cost: International speakers who are experts in their fields are invited to inform and educate our members on a monthly basis ? these enriching topics range from business related to baby and sleep specific.
- Regional Meetings to build local connections and support systems: Enabling consultants to connect on a local level for support, troubleshooting, and help with the more challenging client case studies and regional issues.
What are the requirements for membership?
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as a Professional Sleep Consultant, with a minimum of 500 hours of consulting experiences or completion of an approved program.
- Have a professional license or degree in another profession with sleep as the primary or adjunct focus of non-medical practice (e.g., counselors, therapists, psychologist, nurses, doulas, parent educator, naturopathic practitioners, nutritionist, etc.)
- Agreeing to and abiding by our Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice
- Complete and submit an application for membership
- Submit a photo
- 1 professional reference from a client with whom you have completed consultation work
- 1 professional reference from another sleep consultant, professional colleague or a professional organization
- Participate in a phone interview
- Have an established professional and functional business website that includes a complete list and description of services, pricing, contact information, and professional branding &/or logo.
And the fees?
- A small price for a large investment in yourself, and your business:
- Application Fee: $50 -Covers overhead and administrative costs in reviewing your application, your qualifications and conducting personal entrance interviews. Please note: that for the rest of May 2016, the application fee will be discounted at $25 during our Membership Drive. Starting June 1, 2016, it will be $50.
- Yearly Membership Fee: $100 – Covers overhead and administrative costs in addition to member benefits and opportunities (as highlighted above).
- If you are an existing member, click here to renew your membership.
We look forward to welcoming you on board as we continue to go from strength to strength as a leading global organization supporting an evolving network of sleep consultant professionals.
With Warmth, Blessings, and Inspiration,
Mar & The APSC team