Consider your own smartphone habits and you will realize quickly how your routine of surfing the web, sharing, and even making purchases has changed. As a business owner it is important to adapt to these changes that your clients are most likely making too.
- 8% of all digital traffic comes from smartphones and tablets
- Most mobile phones in America will be smartphones by the end of 2012
- Every year more and more users are making purchases on their phones
- Mobile commerce is growing at a rapid rate
- Smartphone users cover a wide demographic with the largest being 25-34 years old
- “Couch Commerce” is rising: 54% of mobile consumers perform mobile searches and shopping activities on their mobile device at home
- Smartphone users have a higher than average income
- Your normal site is NOT thumb-friendly – time to update!
- The easiest way to get started…build a mobile web app!
Benefits of Being Mobile-Accessible:
- Businesses can display basic services and contact information in a clearer way so viewers can load the website very quickly and ‘click-to-call’ you.
- News and publication websites can display articles in an easy-to-read mobile format so that people on-the-go can easily enjoy content.
- Product companies can give their customers online knowledge bases and searchable documentation that can be accessed from a mobile device in the field.
There are many companies out there that can easily build you a mobile app. I would strongly suggest making sure your site is smartphone friendly!